The Body Shop Shea Butter Range

When I was around 13/14 years old, I was obsessed with The Body Shop's fruity selection of shower gels and had tried almost all of them. I would leave the house smelling like a satsuma or overly sweet strawberry - those were my two favourite shower gels! Since then though, I haven't set foot in The Body Shop but was given the chance to try out two products from their Shea butter collection and I've been loving them.

First up is The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub which upon opening was making me want to try it out there and then - I kinda did actually, I took a tiny bit and rubbed it into the back of my hand! The consistency at first is like a normal scrub/exfoliator but as I started rubbing into my arms/shoulders, I noticed most of the granules dissolving into an oil like texture, combined with hot water from the shower and it really felt like it had done the job. My skin felt soft, exfoliated and moisturised at the same time. I'm getting through the 200ml fairly quickly so a repurchase is definitely on the cards.

Next, I tried out The Body Shop Shea Body Butter which works in a 2 part system with the scrub, especially when I'm shaving my legs. Like most of the other body shop body butters, it feels moisturising yet doesn't feel overly greasy. It smells amazing too (a nutty scent as body shop would describe it) and lingers on the skin which is another bonus with the body butters in general. When shaving I make sure to apply this straight after I get out the shower as I feel it works best this way. The Shea butter range is the first ever community fair trade ingredient to be used at The Body Shop too so by using this range you are supporting women in Ghana who farm Shea!

I've definitely been enjoying both of these products and am looking forward to trying out more of The Body Shop's new ranges soon. What is your favourite collection or product from the Body Shop?

P.S Have you noticed my new blog design? I've been working with Amy from TheLittleKoalaBlog who designs amazing blog templates and I'm so happy with the outcome. Let me know what you think?

Thanks for reading! I've got loads of new blog posts coming up too!






1 comment