The Often-Neglected Beauty Products ♡


It seems to be a frequent occurance that I will buy the beauty products from my wishlist, use them a few times, put them away, they will go to the back of my drawers and I won't use them till I have a romage through my collection. I think I can vouch for most beauty bloggers/gurus that sometimes the packaging of a makeup item can draw you plus that the product looked great on someone else but not on you. I'm a neutral gal at heart and will only venture out to the occasional smokey eye but thats it.
 
After reading Anna's (from ViviannaDoesMakeup) blog post on the Oft-Neglected makeup bits, I thought I would do some digging out and find my re-love? for products I bought ages ago. The main reason for not using them is that I probably think I'll wear the colour to an 'event' or party but to be honest, I'm never usually that confident and happens once in a blue moon.
 
Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel - £30 - House of Fraser. This creamy textured bronzer was on my wishlist for forever and as you can see I haven't even touched it! I actually feel ashamed. I don't know whether the fact it is a cream consistency has put me off or whether my skills of contouring has but I've been recently using a powder bronzer which I have been loving so I'm finally going to give this a go. I will keep you updated!
 
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque - £18 - Bobbi Brown Online or John Lewis. Last year some time, I saw Ingrid from MissGlamorazzi and a host of other beauty people raving about this under eye corrector with salmon undertones and got straight on that band wagon! Unfortunately I used it a couple times, really liked it but for some reason stopped using it and converted back to my Collection 2000 or is it Collection haha Lasting Perfection Concealer which didn't only do the job on concealing under my eyes but also blemishes etc. I have to say though, I definitely have got into taking more time on my makeup which means I have room for giving this another go.
 
YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 22 Exquisite Plum - £24.50 - Boots. I had been watching Elle from AllThatGlitters on Youtube and she kept going on about YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks but in pinky shades. I knew that I had enough highstreet/drugstore plus Mac nude lipsticks to last me a life time so thought just because I wanted to try this YSL formula I would choose a colour I hadn't heard about and be bold. Yes, great choice Ash. I tried it on at home, it completely washed my white complexion out and got thrown to the back of my lipstick drawer. If I fake tanned a bit or caught the sun (which never happens hence the fake tan comment) I think it would go really well with a simple eye and face look. So you may be seeing me wearing it this summer!

Topshop Blush in Crushed Berry - no longer available, (may be able to find on Ebay). This was a whim purchase last summer in the Topshop sale. I was getting into trying blushes and decided to go for THE craziest darkest blush colour there was plus to go for a cream consistency. But I have to say blended well into the cheeks really looks nice on my complexion so along with my YSL lipstick I think I will give them another go this summer with a tan. I have to say though I love the packaging and the Topshop makeup has really upped it's game. I have my eye on their eye crayons.

Mac Powder Blush in Prism - £17.50 - Mac Cosmetics. This is one of the first Mac blushes I bought as at the time, I was in the market for a blush colour which I could use which was basically as natural as I could get it. I had read and watched countless reviews on the Prism blush so was rather excited to get. It gives a lovely natural flush to the cheeks and goes well with my skin colour and freckles. Plus at the time, I was building up my Mac collection which I still am! To be honest, I don't know why I ever stopped using it.

I'm looking forward to using all of these neglected beauty products and I will keep you updated! Have you tried any of these products? Please leave a comment down below!

If you would like to see more of my blog posts then please follow my blog!

Check out my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ashleighailsa

Thankyou for reading!

Ashleigh

     ♡





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments