Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation Review | Beauty

 
Hello lovelies!
 
Today is going to a review on the Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation as it is one of my favourite high end foundations. I have actually almost used up all of this bottle and there will definitely be a repurchase. Only problem with it is that it retails for around £39.00 which is rather expensive but you do get your moneys worth throught the quantity and quality.
 
 
 
Packaging
The packaging is sleek and of nice quality but doesn't have that added niceness (?) that a glass foundation bottle has. I think that for the price, they could have made a better effort with the packaging. Comparing a normal glass foundation from Maybelline which has 30ml, this foundation also has 30ml but the product goes further.
 
Coverage & Finish
It gives an amazing coverage without having to apply more than one pump's worth and gives the 'my lips but better' look. It enhances the natural beauty that you have whilst still showing through my freckles but at the same time hiding any redness or spots!
 
Formulation
The consistency of this foundation is very smooth and is made up of a water base and foundation. It is meant to act as a second skin and doesn't leave it looking cakey like many foundations do.
 
 

 
Apply
I use my real techniques buffing brush to blend it in and I find that it works perfectly. It applies evenly, doesn't clog up in one area and sinks into your face without sinking into your pores (pores are visably reduced). As you can see on my rather snazzy photo collaging above, it blends really well and leaves a lovely matte finish. The lady at the Chanel counter actually told me that because of the way it dries on your skin, you don't need to follow up with powder. I occasionally still will but you definitely don't need to.
 
Fading time
I usually put on this foundation in the early morning, and then take it off late at night and I would say it probably lasts for a good 6-8 hours on my skin without looking different but towards the end of the day, It will start to not look so flawless but for me, it isn't a problem :)
 
Colour Range
I am in the shade B10 which is either the lightest colour, or the second from lightest and if I'm honest, I think there could have been a better colour range. I felt like I was in between 2 of the colours as there was quite a big colour difference in the ones right next to each, plus it is way too expensive to buy both shades and mix! If you fit into one of the shades then it is perfect but there isn't a massive range.
 
 Where can you buy it from?
You can buy this foundation at any high end department stores that sell Chanel such as Beales, Debenhams etc. It is a popular foundation within the Chanel brand so it shouldn't be hard to find. You can also find it online too!


Overall, I would give this a 4/5 stars as I feel that it ticks all the major boxes for quality and quantity but wouldn't say that the colour ranges, packaging and price were the best. The product its self being long wearing, easy to apply and generally amazing gives it a great rating.
 
Have you tried this foundation? Did you like it?
 
I would love to hear from anyone who reads this and finds what I have to ramble on about interesting.
 
Thanks for reading!

Follow me on Instagram @ashleighailsa  

Follow me on Twitter @ashleighailsa 


Ashleigh ♥

2 comments

  1. i have never tried it but i don't think that i'll ever buy it... =/ haha great review though.. it sounds like an amazing product!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...a year later and I bought myself a bottle! Btw - this was how we met.. By a simple blog comment :) haha

      Delete